1. What is Grand Kerala Shopping Festival?
Aim is to promote and develop commerce, trade and industrial sector of Kerala using the brand value of Kerala Tourism. The objective of the festival is to make the state an International shopping destination and to promote tourism and traditional products of Kerala.
2. Who are the organizers?
Department of Tourism in association with Industries, Finance and Revenue departments
3. What is the role of Kerala Government in this festival?
Entire event is managed by State Government of Kerala
4. When exactly this shopping festival happens?
2011 Dec 1 to 2012 Jan 15.
5. Who are the committee members of Grand Kerala Shopping Festival?
|Hon’ble Chief Minister||Chairman|
|Hon’ble Min for Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes and Tourism||Vice Chairman|
|Hon’ble Min for Industries, Information Technology and Urban Affairs
|Hon’ble Min for Finance, Law and Housing
|Hon’ble Min for Revenue and Vigilance
|Additional Chief Secretary, Industries & Commerce
|Additional Chief Secretary, Revenue
|Principal Secretary, Local Self Government Department
|Principal Secretary, Finance
|Chief Executive Officer, K-bip
|Commissioner, Commercial Taxes
|Hon’ble Min. for Tourism||Chairman|
|Additional Chief Secretary(Industries & Commerce)
|Director ( Industries & Commerce)
PARTICIPATION AND REGISTRATION OF MERCHANT ESTABLISHMENTS
1. Who are the participants?
Shops which have registered under Shop & Establishment Act industries and all commercial institutions (except Liquor Shops & Medical Stores selling Life Saving medicines) can participate in the Grand Kerala Shopping Festival.
2.What are the benefits to participants?
Government managed initiative.
Focused all over the state.
The largest retail channel.
Very advantageous season for shopping (peak tourism).
Huge marketing and huge prizes to customer.
Right time for product placements.
Extensive media coverage: Concentrated coverage in Print, Visual and FM Radio inside and Outside Kerala. Additional Coverage through digital.
Advertisement Coverage: Print, Electronics, Digital & Outdoor with identity / logos of sponsors to inform and educate the consumers. Advertisements through big events like Opening Ceremony, Closing Ceremony and Weekly draws.
Road Shows: Conducts road shows national and international level.
Creating an additional shopping seasons in Kerala.
Participation of industries and company producing consumer durables.
Attractive funds are offered from the project fund.
Merchant Establishments can develop their own brand value.
3. How to participate in this shopping festival?
You can register in any of the 3 category (Category A, B, C) and then you can avail the benefits of this festival. The registration fee can be made through Demand Draft, taken in the name of The Director, Grand Kerala Shopping Festival or can be paid to GKSF A/c No. 0119073000002034 at any branch of the South Indian Bank (or with IFSC Code is SIBL0000119).
4. What are the benefits to each category?
Category A: Rs.25,000/- for registration (Gold Partner)
- Will be considered as Gold partners of GKSF.
- 300 free coupons.
- Participation Certificate.
- Slab display certificate
- 100% VAT refund. (Click here for more details)
- Improved Co-opt ad scheme. (Click here for more details)
Category B: Rs.5,000/- for registration (Silver Category)
- Will be considered as Silver partners of GKSF.
- Participation Certificate.
- Slab display certificate
- Those shops with less than 100 sq.ft area and turnover less than 2 lakhs/year are eligible for registration under this category.
- Participation Certificate.
The shops registered under all categories will have the flexibility of distribution of number of coupons against a particular amount of purchase to the consumers. But the decision of shop should be exhibited in a prominent place in their shops.
5. What are the criteria for registration under each category?
Category A: Rs.25,000/- for registration - Open to All
Category B: Rs.5,000/- for registration - Open to All
Category C: Rs.1,000/- for registration. (Shops less than 100 sq ft area and turn over less than 2 lakhs/year).
6. How do I register?
You need to contact the District Industries Centres / Designated GKSF officials will contact you in person / Submit registration through official website.
Please Contact for ME Registration :
Trivandrum : 0471 2326756, Kollam : 0474 2747261, Pathanamthitta : 0468 2214639, Alappuzha : 0477 2251272, Kottayam : 0481 2570042. Ernakulam : 0484 2206022, Idukki : 0486 2235507, Thrissur : 0487 2360847, Palakkad : 0491 2505385, Malappuram : 0483 2734812, Kozhikode : 0495 2766035, Wayanad : 04936 202485, Kannur : 0497 2700928, Kasaragod : 0499 4255749
7. Can I register through Online?
Yes, you can register Online through the official website of GKSF. This option will be made available soon.
8.Are there any location restrictions for this festival?
Yes. The festival is restricted to all corporation / municipalities and selected tourists / pilgrim centers. Any shop who wishes to join this festival outside the notified area can also join the Festival. But they have to collect the Promotional Materials, Scratch N’ Win coupons etc. from the nearest distribution at their own risk and cost.
9.From where I can collect the coupons?
GKSF will distribute the free coupons along with the Scratch N Win gift vouchers.
10. What if I need extra coupons?
For extra coupons You just need to contact GKSF Call Center and GKSF will distribute the same to you.
11. What is the value of our coupon?
Rs. 15/ per coupon
12.Am i eligible to get any concession if I register early?
5% off on all registrations made on or before Oct 10.Similarly registrations after Nov 25, 2011 will attract a late fee of 10%.
13.How weekly draw are conducted?
GKSF introduces daily draws from season 5 onwards. 1 sovereign of Gold coins shall be distributed through these draws. For more details Click here
Previous year GKSF introduced digital draw and this year it will be continued. Weekly draw includes those coupons which are sold out for that particular week and the winning coupon numbers will be notified in Print media and will also be listed on GKSF website (www.shoppingfestival.in) A total of 6 weekly draws will be there with in the 46 days of festival period.
14. How Bumper or Mega prize are drawn?
Once the shopping festival is concluded (after Jan15th) a final draw - Mega Draw - will be conducted. All the coupon numbers which are sold out for the 46 day festival period are included in this Mega Draw. Coupon numbers which are already included in the weekly draws will also be included in this final draw.
15. I want to register more than one shop? Do I get any concession?
Group brands which are interested to register their outlets as MEs can do so and avail a discount of 10% on their registration. However, the group should have at least 10 outlets which are under a single brand to avail this offer.
16. Are there any interesting Schemes?
This year, GKSF will be providing 100% VAT refund for the consumers from outside the state who shop through their Credit Cards.
17. If I advertise my shop do I get any support from GKSF.
Of course. GKSF shall provide you with special tariff. GKSF will be providing 50% refund or Rs 5, 00,000 whichever is lesser for advertisements done by MEs promoting Grand Kerala Shopping Festival outside Kerala. Please talk to us for further details.
18. How can I identify the shops registered under GKSF ?
There will be signage, posters, danglers will be exhibited in front of the participating outlets.
19 How can I identify whether the shop is registered under Gold Partner/Silver Partner / General Category ?
A Certificate showing the category issued from GKSF will be exhibited prominently and the Customers are free to ask the shopper to show the certificate.
20. How can I understand about my eligibility in the case of number of coupons for a particular amount of purchase?
The number of coupons to be distributed against a particular quantum of purchase shall be decided and displayed with sign and seal in the Cash Counter and at the entrance to avoid confusion among the customers.
21. What is Scratch & Win?
Each and every coupon has a hidden portion where customers have the chance to win GKSF gift vouchers . Customers have to scrape this hidden part and confirm if they have any prize written over there.
22. What are the Scratch & Win prizes? Is there any Gold included as Scratch N Win Prizes?
Every Scratch and Win coupon book will have three assured gift vouchers of value Rs.100.In addition, certain coupons will also carry 1gm gold coin as a bonus gift.
23. With one coupon, in how many draws can I participate?
Scratch & Win, one daily draw, one weekly draw and Mega draw.
24. Are there any daily draws?
Yes, there is. For more details Click here
25. How will I collect the Scratch N Win prize if I won?
The Gift vouchers will be in the perforated portion of the scratch n win coupon itself. The customer can use this portion as the voucher and can redeem it at the same shop or any other participating outlet.
26. How will I collect the Daily/Weekly Prize/Mega Prize?
You need to produce your original coupon,purchase bill and a photo ID proof to the South Indian Bank(branch names will be published later),the title sponser and claim the gift.
27. How will I be notified?
The result will be announced through Visual and Print media and the same will be listed on the GKSF Website (www.grandkeralashoppingfestival.com / www.shoppinfestival.in).
28. Do I need to pay tax for the prize?
Yes, you need to pay the income tax for all gold prizes as per rules.
29. To whom should I contact for the prize if I win in the draw?
You can contact the GKSF call center (contact number will publish shortly) or office for further information about the prize you have won.
30. Can I exchange the prize for cash that I have won?
No, you cannot exchange.
31. How can I claim for the prize if I lost the original coupon?
You cannot claim if you lost the original coupon or original Voucher. Production of original coupon and original voucher is mandatory for claiming the prize. Damaged coupons or voucher will also not be accepted.
32. Where this shopping festival happens?
This festival happens in the shops that all are registered in GKSF all over Kerala
33. Where this weekly draw contest conducts?
Click here for details.
34. Who were the sponsors of the festival for the previous years?
World Gold Council
35. What is the Budget share from the Government of Kerala for conduct this Festival?
36. Who is the Event Manager for the Conduct of Shopping Festival ?
Crayons Advertising Ltd.
37. Where the Inauguration Ceremony and the Closing ceremony of GKSF 5 will be held?
Click here for details.